It seems I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award by the awesome Kate M. Colby. This is a great way to get to know some of your fellow bloggers a bit better and give some attention to ones you particularly enjoy. Here are the guidelines:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to his/her blog.
- Write 5 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 bloggers (they should have less than 300 followers).
- Answer 5 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 5 questions.
Five random facts about me:
1. I used to be a banker! I had a variety of roles, including small business loan officer for Wells Fargo.
2. I have a mallorn leaf tattoo; I am that serious a Tolkien geek.
3. Before getting into the truck my husband drives, I’d been to twelve countries besides the US. Now I’ve visited all lower 48 states, too.
4. My first serious crush was on Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson. I was a strange child.
5. I have three siblings who have provided me with nine nieces and nephews.
Five questions from Kate:
- What is your number one “Bucket List” item? I would love to visit the ruins of Troy. I’ve been obsessed ever since reading The Iliad as a kid.
- If you could live inside of one book, which would you choose? Tolkien’s Middle Earth, with Narnia coming in a close second.
- If you could have any career in the world, what would you do? I’d write novels 🙂
- If you could have one wild animal as a pet, what would it be? A tiger.
- What is the legacy or meaning you want to leave on this world? A bunch of really good books that people will enjoy reading and thinking about for years to come.
Five bloggers I nominate:
Five questions for the nominees:
1. Who was your hero/role model when growing up?
2. Was there a book/movie that changed your life?
3. Why did you start your blog?
4. Your favorite place in the world- whether or not you’ve been there.
5. A song or piece of music you especially love.
Feel free to pass on the love and Happy Holidays!